- Password protected
- WPA/WPA2 encrypted
If the Wi-Fi does not meet the above criteria, the terminal will be unable to connect. You cannot connect to free wifi hotspots!
To find the wifi Set up, navigate through the following: MENU, MENU, F3 Supervisor, [password] ENTER, MENU, F1 for Shortcuts, MENU, F1 for Wi-Fi Setup
You can use the up, down and enter keys or the number buttons to select the desired option:
- Select “New profile” and then select “Automatic scan”. All available Wi-Fi networks will be displayed. Select the desired network.
- The security type associated with the chosen Wi-Fi network will be automatically selected; press the ENTER key to confirm this selection.
- The cypher associated with the chosen Wi- Fi network will also be automatically selected; press the ENTER key to confirm this selection.
- Enter the password associated with the selected Wi-Fi network (either multiple presses of the number buttons to get the uppercase/lowercase and numbers or use the arrow keys to navigate the keyboard on screen and press ENTER to select the highlighted letters, select the green circle to confirm the password and return to the Wi-Fi setup menu)
- If accepted, enter the priority weighting you wish to associate to this Wi-Fi connection profile
- press the ENTER key. 1 is lowest 20 is highest (if you’re only connecting this to one network, the priority you associate with it doesn’t really matter)
- You will receive a confirmation that the Wi-Fi connection profile has been saved; press the red CANCEL button to get back to the home screen and test with a transaction
Once the terminal has connected to the Wi-Fi successfully - the Wi-Fi name will appear underneath the Wi-Fi symbol at the top of the card machine screen.
If the network name is not there, it is most likely that the password is incorrect and you should try this again.