With your Paymentsense terminal or online gateway you can accept the following card and payment types.
For the rates on your account, check the Charges Schedule in your Merchant Services Agreement.
- All major card issuers, including Mastercard and VISA
- American Express - if you opted in
UnionPay is currently not available.
Contact us to start accepting American Express cards.
- Swipe and Chip & Pin - depending on card and terminal type
- Contactless - transaction limit is £30 or €30
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Payment over the phone or mail - if you don't have a MOTO account this can incur a non-qualifying charge. We recommend you update your account if you regularly take payments where the customer is not present.
Contact us to add MOTO to your account.
Apple Pay and Android Pay
Customers with recent versions of smart phones and watch can customers pay by touching their device to the contactless censor on your terminal.
The credit or debit card is stored in an application in their device and can only be activated using fingerprint or pin code, making it as secure as accepting traditional credit and debit cards.
The transaction limit can range up to £500 depending on the security settings the customer has on their device.