We recommend cleaning your card machine regularly. Below we’ve provided some guidance on how to do this:
- Unplug all wires from the card machine before you start cleaning.
- To clean the screen, you should use a soft cloth without any cleaning solution.
- Use a soft cloth with a small amount of low alcohol disinfectant to gently wipe the outside of the machine.
- Don’t spray cleaning products directly on to the card machine, and avoid using solvents, detergents or other abrasive products that could damage the plastic.
- Avoid excessive wiping and don’t put anything into the slot of the card reader.
Detailed instructions for Ingenico card machines
Ingenico have provided more comprehensive cleaning guidelines for their card machines. You can find detailed information here, including the types of cleaning products that can and can't be used.