After seeing how much you can save with Paymentsense, we want to help you switch as quickly and conveniently as possible. This is why we offer you protection against your existing provider’s cancellation charges (excluding VAT).
Cancellation Protection gives you up to £3,000 (or €3,000) excl. VAT of financial protection against fees incurred from cancelling your contract with your card payments service provider. This service is provided free of charge.*
Please note, the amount you can claim depends on your card turnover:
- If your card turnover is less than £150,000 you could claim up to £500.
- If your card turnover is more than £150,000 you could claim up to £3,000.
How to claim Cancellation Protection
1. Cancel your contract with your existing provider. In order for us to quickly process your cancellation protection claim, please follow the below steps to cancel with your existing provider.
- Contact your provider to cancel: Once you have signed up to Paymentsense, contact your previous provider (using the example letter below). You’ll find their contact details on previous statements or on their website.
- Contact your terminal leasing provider: If you have a separate leasing provider, you will need to cancel with them directly. To find out if you do, ask your previous card payment provider and follow the same steps to cancel with them.
- Pay any applicable cancellation fees to your previous provider: Make sure you keep proof of payment in the form of a bank statement or receipt.
- Request a final VAT statement: Ask your previous card payment provider to send you a final VAT statement or invoice clearly stating the fee for cancellation. You will also need to request one from your terminal leasing provider if this is a separate company.
2. Send us your documents. Please complete the cancellation protection claim form, attaching:
- The final VAT statement from your previous card payment provider (all pages) stating the cancellation fee.
- The final VAT statement from your previous terminal leasing provider (if applicable).
- Proof of payment to your previous provider(s). This can be a bank statement or receipt, clearly showing the cancellation fee paid.
You can also email the same information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply scan or attach pictures of the documents and in the email please make sure to include your Paymentsense Merchant ID, business name and trading address.
3. We process your refund. Once we’ve received all of the required documents, it will take up to 10 working days to process your refund. We will transfer the agreed amount (excluding VAT) to the bank account we hold on file for you. If there any issues with the documents provided, a Customer Support agent will contact you to help you resolve the issue.
Please note that we are unable to cancel your existing provider on your behalf.
*For full terms and conditions please refer to your Paymentsense Merchant Service Agreement found within your contract.
Example cancellation letter
The process for cancelling your existing contract will differ depending on your previous provider. However, we recommend including all the below information in your cancellation request.
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to give formal notice for cancelling my merchant account and card payment terminals associated to the account details listed below. Please action as soon as possible.
[Your business name]
[Your business address]
[Your merchant/account ID]
Please respond promptly to this email to confirm my contract has been cancelled. Please also make the necessary arrangements for the retrieval of your equipment and ensure all other suppliers are aware of my termination. I also require a copy of my final statement.