If your terminal is integrated with an electronic point of sale system (EPOS) it is equipped with our secure integrated payment technology. It shares information with your EPOS to help your business be more efficient, keeping customers and staff smiling.
An Electronic Point of Sale system is the digital system or machine that you use to process cash and card transactions.
Your machine is set-up with either Pay at Table or Pay at Counter integration. Pay at Table is better for bars, cafes and restaurants and Pay at Counter is better for retail and service stores.
This article contains:
What is Pay at Counter?
Our Connect Pay at Counter option is designed specifically for retail shops, hairdressers, cafés and other businesses taking payments at the sales counter. Pay at Counter enables staff to cut queues, eliminate mis-keying and prevent costly human error.
- Key in the order on the EPoS
- Total appears on the Card Machine
- Cardholder makes payment
- No mis-keying or costly errors
How to use Pay at Counter
Download the PDF instructions below for the basics to using Pay at Counter or follow these steps:
- Using your EPOS, create a transaction.
- When you are ready, select card payment and it will automatically send the transaction details to your terminal.
- The customer can then choose their preferred method of card payment. Note: Chip and Pin and contactless card payments are considered the fastest and most secure ways to pay. Note: Chip and Pin and Contactless card payments are considered the fastest and most secure ways to pay.
- Follow the instructions on the terminal to complete the transaction .
- For contactless payments of £30/€30 and under, a customer receipt will not automatically be printed. It’s easy to print off a duplicate receipt by pressing F1 on the card machine after the transaction. Note: Depending on the configuration of your integration, you may be able to print all receipts via your EPOS, saving you on the costs of printing two receipts from both your till and card terminal.
You can process refunds directly from your till. It will send the refund information to the card terminal for the customer to present their card and claim their refund.