Download the PDF instructions below for the basics to using Pay at Counter or follow these steps:
- Using your EPOS, create a transaction.
- When you are ready, select card payment and it will automatically send the transaction details to your terminal.
- The customer can then choose their preferred method of card payment. Note: Chip and Pin and contactless card payments are considered the fastest and most secure ways to pay. Note: Chip and Pin and Contactless card payments are considered the fastest and most secure ways to pay.
- Follow the instructions on the terminal to complete the transaction .
- For contactless payments of £30/€30 and under, a customer receipt will not automatically be printed. It’s easy to print off a duplicate receipt by pressing F1 on the card machine after the transaction. Note: Depending on the configuration of your integration, you may be able to print all receipts via your EPOS, saving you on the costs of printing two receipts from both your till and card terminal.
You can process refunds directly from your till. It will send the refund information to the card terminal for the customer to present their card and claim their refund.