Update your settings
If you haven’t used your card machine for a while, we recommend restarting it and updating your settings to make sure you have the latest software.
What to do if your machine asks you for a password
Update your contactless limit to £45
The contactless limit has been raised from £30 to £45 in an effort to minimise the handling of cash and card machines. Your machine should have updated automatically. If not, you’ll need to manually update your card machine settings.
How to clean your card machine
It’s important to clean your machine regularly following the advice below:
- Unplug all wires from the card machine before you start cleaning.
- To clean the screen, you should use a soft cloth without any cleaning solution.
- Use a soft cloth with a small amount of low alcohol disinfectant to gently wipe the outside of the machine.
- Don’t spray cleaning products directly on to the card machine, and avoid using solvents, detergents or other abrasive products that could damage the plastic.
- Avoid excessive wiping and don’t put anything into the slot of the card reader.