If First Data Merchant Solutions (FDMS) is the acquiring bank on your account, you’ll get access to their reporting tool ClientLine. Here you can download monthly statements and access detailed transaction reports.
All new Paymentsense customers get a free three month trial, after which ClientLine is charged at £12.95 per month. We’ll email you nearer the time to check that you’re happy to continue your membership.
How to log in
- Visit the ClientLine website.
- On the homepage, under ‘Create an Account’, select ‘Enroll’.
- Select ‘Begin Enrollment’.
- Complete the form, including your Merchant ID (found within your Merchant Services Agreement), the bank details attached to your Paymentsense account, the name and email address of the person who signed the contract, and your business postal code. Click 'Next'.
- You’ll receive an email within 72 hours confirming your User ID. Complete your registration by selecting ‘Create Account’, ‘Complete Enrollment’ and entering your User ID. You'll then be prompted to choose a password.
The main benefit of ClientLine is the reporting functionality. There are four key reports, accessed by selecting ‘ClientLine Reports’ within the ‘Application’ dropdown menu on the homepage.
- The main reporting homepage is your dashboard, showing a summary of transaction information from the previous week. To navigate back to the dashboard from other sections, go to 'Overview' and click 'Weekly'.
- Enter your Merchant ID (MID) within the ‘Hierarchy ID’ section to populate the information associated with that MID. Select ‘Location’ from the 'Hierarchy Level' dropdown, and click 'OK'. The date will default to the previous week, but you can amend the date range to see a snapshot view for a different period.
- ‘Submitted Transactions’ shows the number of transactions by day and corresponding value. Click into a date for information on each transaction.
- The pie chart shows the breakdown of card types used. Click the sections to see every transaction within that card type.
- ‘Batch Summary’ shows the funds deposited in your account each day from your transactions.
- ‘Bank Deposits Summary’ shows the amount sent to the bank per day to be processed for settlement.
- Export any of the above information by selecting ‘Export’ in the relevant section, and then choosing the document format.
- Select ‘Monthly Statements’ within the ‘Reports’ dropdown menu.
- Enter your Merchant ID within ‘Hierarchy ID’.
- Choose ‘Monthly Statements’, ‘Location’ and the year and hit 'OK'.
- Click into the relevant month to open a PDF view, showing transaction totals, plus any fees and charges.
Build a custom report
- Select ‘Create Report’ within the ‘Reports’ dropdown.
- Choose from: Sales/Funding, Disputes, Rate Analysis, or Authorisations within 'Report Category'.
- Select the relevant ‘Activity Type’.
- You'll see further options to tick or untick depending on the activity type. For example if you click 'Transactions', you can choose to suppress certain card types from your report.
- Enter your Merchant ID in the Hierarchy ID section, choosing ‘Location’ from the dropdown on the right.
- Select which ‘Date Type’ you want from the dropdown, and then the report type (either detailed or summary).
- Input your selected date range.
- Click ‘Next’ and choose the report you want within the ‘Available Reports’ section.
- Customise the report further by clicking the ‘Customise’ button.
- On the right-hand side, you'll see a list of all the available data columns. For example 'Transaction Date'.
- Select the information you want to include by highlighting the text and pressing the green arrow to move into ‘Available Columns’.
- Once you're happy, hit ‘Back’ and ‘View Sample’ to see a preview.
- Select ‘Run Now’ for an instant report download.
- To schedule a report by day, week, month, quarter or year, choose ‘Schedule Report’ and fill in the information required. This includes the frequency, format and how you want to receive it.
- Select ‘Disputes’ within the ‘Overview’ section. Enter your Merchant ID in the ‘Hierarchy ID’ box.
- Choose the 6 month period to view, select the relevant ‘Date Type’ from the dropdown, and ‘Submit’.
- Click into the bar chart or transaction information for a more detailed view.