Every now and then we need to update your terminal settings. This ensures your terminal is communicating with First Data Merchant Solutions (FDMS), who are the acquiring bank that supports your card payments.
If the message ‘CALL 01224 980468’ displays on your terminal, please phone the number displayed. This will put you in contact with FDMS who will guide you through how to update your terminal settings over the phone in under two minutes. You will not be able to use your terminal until you have completed the update.
Please do not be concerned. This is a genuine screen message and during the call you will not be required to disclose any financial information.
Alternatively, you can complete the update yourself by following the steps below. You need to wait until the ‘CALL 01224 980468’ message displays on your screen before you can complete this process.
How to complete settings update
- Instructions for Ingenico terminals
- Instructions for Ingenico terminals integrated with electronic till
- Instructions for Spire terminals
- Make sure your terminal is connected to the internet (it will display the green network icon on the top of the screen).
- At the home screen, Press ‘Menu’ twice to see more Menu options.
- Scroll down to select ‘Function’.
- Key in ‘81’ and press ‘Enter’
- Swipe your supervisor card or key in your supervisor password
- Press ‘Enter’ at the ‘accept connection method’ prompt
- Press ‘Enter’ at the ‘call to GEMs’ prompt
- You’re done. The update will load and a receipt report will print once complete.
- Make sure your terminal is connected to the internet (it will display the green network icon on the top of screen).
- Press ‘Menu’ twice to see more Menu options.
- Select ‘Supervisor’ by pressing F3.
- Press ‘Menu’.
- Select ‘Call TMS’ by pressing F4.
- You’re done. A report receipt will print.
- Press Home
- Press 4 (Terminal)
- Press 1 (Prog Load)
- Enter the Supervisor Password and press Enter
- Terminal will display ‘Prog Load Correct?
- Press Yes
- Terminal will then perform download into Spire TMS
- A receipt will then be printed to say that the terminal has successfully completed a software