Like all machines, sometimes tills can have a mind of their own. But business needn’t stop. Keep taking payments by putting your card machine into standalone mode. This means your card machine will still work, but you’ll need to manually enter the transaction information.
- First, press F4 (pretty simple so far).
- Key in your supervisor password and press ENTER.
- Turn standalone ON. The card machine will display ‘STANDALONE ON’, makes sense.
- Press and hold cancel to restart the card machine. When the card machine restarts, you should be able to key in an amount straight from the home screen.
- To re-enable intmode, follow the same steps, just selecting STANDALONE OFF at step 3.