At the end of every working day, make sure you run an end of day reconciliation report to send your funds to the bank. This ensures you have a steady cash flow and avoids split batches. You’ll get a breakdown of all cards transactions for the day and the daily total.
Your terminal is set you up so this happens automatically. Contact us if you would like to change the time the report is run.
Once you've reconciled, your funds will reach your bank within 3 to 4 business days if you are based in the UK, or 1 business day if you are in the ROI.
How to do an end of day reconciliation from your terminal
- At the "READY" screen, press MENU twice to display the systems menu.
- From the menu select "Totals" and press ENTER.
- Select "End-of-Day Banking" and press ENTER.
- When prompted, enter your 4-digit Supervisor code that you created on terminal setup or swipe your Supervisor Card.
- At the EFT prompt screen, press ENTER.
- Press ENTER again one the following screen to reconcile all card types.
- Your reconciliation report will now be printed from your terminal. Tear off your report and press ENTER to complete.
- Press the Menu button ‘⬛’ to display the Reports and Terminal menu. You can scroll through the menu using the arrow keys.
- Using the number keys, select ‘Batch’ and then select ‘Settle’.
- You may be required to enter your password.
- You will then be asked to select the acquirer you want to run the settlement on, select ALL HOSTS to ensure settlement is completed for all acquirers.
- The settlement totals will be reset to zero and a settlement report will print.