Each transaction you take incurs a qualifying or non-qualifying charge, depending on what type of card your customer uses and how you take payments.
Within your Paymentsense contract (Merchant Services Agreement), there is a Charges Schedule which outlines the qualifying and non-qualifying transaction rates for your account.
Outlined below are the main examples for qualifying and non qualifying transactions, but refer to your Charges Schedule for more detailed information.
- Chip & pin, swipe or contactless (including Apple Pay)
Cardholder not present- mail or telephone order (MOTO)
- card transactions which use CV2 code
Cardholder not present- eCommerce
- 3D secure enabled transactions
Non qualifying transactions
- Visa Business debit cards
Cardholder not present - mail or telephone order (MOTO)
- card transactions which do not use CV2 code
- international cards
Cardholder not present - eCommerce
- Visa Consumer Charge cards