For Spire machines please follow the instructions below:
- Select REFUND from the Idle Screen and swipe the Supervisor Card when prompted.
- Press OK/Enter to acknowledge that the terminal has accepted the Supervisor Card.
- Insert the customer’s Chip Card into the terminal’s Chip Card reader.
- Type in the REFUND AMOUNT in pence or cents, and press Enter.
Example: Typing in 1000 would equate to a value of £10.00 (€10.00 in ROI).
The terminal will now attempt to connect to the Acquirer. The terminal will then display a response. If the transaction is APPROVED the terminal will display REFUND ACCEPTED and the terminal will print the Merchant Copy of the receipt.
- Remove the card and the Merchant Copy of the receipt.
- The Merchant Copy of the receipt must be signed, and the terminal will ask if the signature is correct. If you press YES/Enter to confirm, the terminal will print the Customer Copy of the receipt and display REFUND ACCEPTED.
- Press Enter to return to the Idle Screen.
For Ingenico machines please follow the instructions below:
- At the READY prompt, press the MENU button.
- Using the arrow keys at the top of the handset, select refund and press the GREEN button.
- Either key in the amount of refund transaction and then press GREEN button or swipe/insert card in the terminal and then key in the refund amount.
- You may be prompted to swipe the Supervisor Card or enter your Supervisor Code through the terminal. PIN entry is not required on refunds, the transaction will proceed as a signature verified sale
If you require more information, please follow the link below for the terminal you are using:
|Desktop Terminal - T4220||Desktop Terminal - ICT220 / ICT250|
|Bluetooth Terminal - M4240||Portable Terminal - IWL222 / IWL252|
|GPRS Terminal - M4230||Mobile Terminal - IWL221|