For Ingenico machines please follow the instructions below:
- At the READY prompt press the MENU button. Use the arrow keys to view the available options and press the GREEN button when the required option is highlighted.
- Key in the amount of the transaction and then press the GREEN button or key enter the customer’s card number when you see this prompt. The card number will be displayed as it is keyed in.
- The terminal will check the card number. Key in the card expiry date and press the GREEN button.
- You may be asked to enter the start date or issue number from the card. Enter them as they appear on the card and press the GREEN button.
- If the customer is present, press the GREEN button. If this is a mail order transaction, press the YELLOW button and proceed from number 9 below.
- Key in the amount of the transaction and press the GREEN button. The terminal will now dial for authorisation. The authorisation code will be displayed. Press the GREEN button.
- A receipt will now be printed. Obtain the customer’s signature. If the signature is OK, press the GREEN button. If it is not, press the YELLOW button and the transaction will be voided.
- The signed receipt should be kept for your records. The terminal will now print a receipt for the customer. Pass the receipt to the customer and the transaction is complete.
- If this is a mail order transaction, the YELLOW button will be pressed when asked if the customer is present. Key in the amount of the transaction and press the GREEN button.
- The terminal will now dial out for authorisation and the authorisation code will be displayed. Press the GREEN button.
- To accept the transaction press the GREEN button and a customer receipt will be printed. Press the GREEN button again and this will print a copy of the receipt for
For Spire machines please follow the instructions below:
- Select SALE from the Idle Screen
- Type in the SALE AMOUNT in pence or cents, and press Enter.
Example: Typing in 1000 would equate to a value of £10.00 (€10.00 in ROI).
- Carefully enter in the card number on the front of the card. As you type, you will notice that the message at the top of the screen changes to ENTER CARD NUMBER and the number begins to appear in the box on the screen. Once the number has been typed in correctly, press Enter.
- Type in the EXPIRATION DATE and press Enter.
- You will then be asked if the card is present. Press NO/Clear to continue or Cancel to cancel the transaction.
- Type in the 3 digit security code on the back of the card (4 digits on the front of the card for American Express) and press Enter.
- Type in the numbers from the Post Code of the card’s registered address and press Enter.
Example: GU21 5SB In this case you would enter the Post Code as 215.
Type in the house/building number of the card’s registered address and press Enter.
The terminal will now attempt to connect to the Acquirer.
- Now you must decide if you are willing to continue with the transaction based upon the Acquirer response displayed.
If you press NO/Clear, the terminal will print out the Reversal Copy of the receipt and connect to the Acquirer to reverse the transaction. If successful, the terminal will
display REVERSAL ACCEPTED.
Press Enter to return to the idle screen.
If you press YES/Enter, the Approval Code will be displayed and the terminal will print the Merchant Copy of the receipt.
- Tear off the Merchant Copy of the receipt and press OK/ Enter.
- Tear off the Customer Copy and press Enter to return
to the idle screen.
If you require more information, please follow the link below for the terminal you are using:
|Desktop Terminal - T4220||Desktop Terminal - ICT220 / ICT250|
|Bluetooth Terminal - M4240||Portable Terminal - IWL222 / IWL252|
|GPRS Terminal - M4230||Mobile Terminal - IWL221|